Houston Product Liability Lawyer
Product Liability in Texas – The Brand’s Responsibility
Consumers have a reasonable expectation that the products they use every day are safe from defects. The law requires products to meet all safety standards. When a company sells products that prove defective or dangerous serious injury or even deaths can result from their negligence. Products can be unsafe or defective for a variety of reasons. They can have flaws of design, or in their manufacture, or a company can fail to warn users of potential safety hazards.
Unfortunately, people are regularly injured by products they have come to use and rely on as normally safe. When a seat belt fails, prescribed medication is defective, or medical devices don’t operate properly often serious injury or even death results. The list of defective products is long and that includes over the counter medication, household products, toys, crushed roofs, airbags that fail to work. The list is nearly endless.
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a defective product, it’s important you understand your options for full compensation. At Brian White & Associates, our Houston product liability attorneys are determined advocates for injured clients as the result of a defective product.
What If You’ve Been Injured by a Defective Product?
If you’ve been injured by an unsafe product, keep any packaging, instructions, labels and the product itself. This is evidence that will be vital to proving your case. Defective product cases are usually very expensive and challenging to prosecute. Selecting a law firm with the resources and experience to investigate and prepare your case will be critical in winning the award for damages you deserve. Brian White is an experienced and aggressive Houston injury attorney who has the resources and experience to work the most complex product liability cases. His reputation has been earned in winning significant awards for clients. Don’t hesitate to call in order to discuss all of your options under Texas State law. We will work hard to get exceptional results for you.
If you have a medical device that has caused you harm, you may be eligible for a liability lawsuit.
| Read more in our Houston Dangerous Medical Device Lawyer page.
Damages Awarded in Product Liability Claims
Courts will award damages to pay you back for the loss or harm resulting from injuries caused by a defective product. The majority of lawsuits involving product liability involves some measure of negligence. Therefore, the damages in a product liability claim usually consist of compensatory damages, which quite literally compensate you for the losses associated with your defective product injury. Compensatory damages are divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic losses in a dangerous product case are losses that can be equated to a monetary dollar value. These include:
- Medical expenses: Can include medicine and pharmaceutical bills, hospital bills, or physical therapy costs.
- Lost income: The loss of income due to missed work and/or lost revenue.
- Disability costs: If the injury requires you to change your lifestyle, such as renovating your living space to accommodate your loss of mobility, or hiring someone to perform household chores.
- Property damage: If the defective or dangerous product caused the destruction of your property.
Non-economic losses in a product liability case are harder to measure; they compensate for physical or emotional suffering that are difficult to quantify. These non-economic damages can include:
- Pain and suffering: If injuries caused your quality of life or enjoyment of life to decline, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages. An example would be if you developed increased anxiety, depression, or insomnia as a result of your dangerous product injuries.
- Loss of consortium: Injuries that have a negative impact on your relationship with your spouse may be entitled to compensation. This can include everything from loss of emotional support to sexual relations.
- Permanent disfigurement: If a dangerous product injury causes any type of disfigurement that negatively impacts psychological or physiological qualities of life, a court may award you for those damages.
Click to contact us and book a free consultation now!
You Need a Houston Product Liability Lawyer
Call for a free consultation today. We never charge a fee until we win your case. The longer you wait to speak to an experienced product liability attorney, the more difficult your case becomes to complete successfully. Product liability injuries have strict time limitations under Texas law to file your claim. Don’t compromise your rights to recover the compensation you need and deserve by waiting to act. We will listen to your concerns and answer your questions.